Monday, January 24, 2011

Kittens in a hole.

  
  I think I was a cat in my past life. No, not because I come equipped with a certain prowess and not because I could die tomorrow and do so eight more times after that. But because I always notice stray cats. Its like I have a knack for spotting them sleeping under cars and doing other stray cat things. So its no surprise that today on my way to a meeting, my eyes landed on the most adorable sight i've ever seen at 2 pm on a monday: THREE KITTENS! They were all huddled in a hole on the side of a building- a hole that looked like it had once been filled with about 5 or 6 bricks. I melted as I watched two of them wrestle around while the other watched on. There I was- a 20 year old college student with way too much to do and for some reason I could not pull my eyes away from those kittens. Come to think about it, I dont think there are too many things in life that could win my attention more than three kittens in a hole. American Idol, a shiny new sports car, all of my favorite foods lined up on table in order from most awesome to least awesome- all of these pale in comparison to three kittens in a hole. I'm not sure what that says about my character.....or the amount of time I have on my hands.

4 comments:

  1. If it's anything we don't have, it's time on our hands. Three kittens in a hole is an adorable sight. My heart goes out to those poor shivering kittens. Those beautiful fluff balls should be in a proper environment where they can be nurtured, loved, and fed properly. I love how absolutely random this post is though!

    By the way... did you make it to your meeting on time? :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. i happen to notice cats to but every time i see them they are elevated lol....and i too suffer from "oh look its shiny syndrome" so i know how you feel. Cute and creative bio pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you notice stray cats...they are everyone on this campus! I can't walk anywhere without seeing atleast one cat. Kittens are a bonus though! I agree that kittens are especially cute compared to the street cats we see everyday. I always get distracted, so for you to get distracted doesn't surprise me one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. Absolutely. I feel like any baby of any species will capture the attention of a 20's aged woman. I'm really excited to see where your random thoughts take us!

    ReplyDelete